Have you heard? It’s offically “kitten season” and there are more kitties than ever in need. Fortunately, June is Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month!!!!! Even if you can’t adopt, there are still lots of ways you can help.
1. “Like” your local shelter on Facebook: (Stafford County Animal Shelter)
2. Donate your Facebook status. Copy and paste the following message into your status – June is Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month. Save a life: Adopt a cat! at the Stafford County Animal Shelter!
3. Take the extra time to share an adoptable cat from the Stafford County Animal Shelteron your Facebook page each day in June.
4. Contact your local shelter and ask if they have a donation wish list you can help them out with. Share the list so others may help. Stafford County Animal Shelter can be reached by EMAIL or phone (540) 658-7387. Most shelters will accept donations of food, blankets, newspapers, flea and tick treatments, toys and treats.
5. Sign up as a foster parent or shelter volunteer and make sure to tell your friends how great it is. Better yet, enlist a friend and come together! To sign up for the Stafford County Animal Shelter, visit the Stafford County Volunteer Application Page. Shelters especially need foster parents during kitten season, as many kittens enter the shelter very young and orphaned.
6. Donate to your local shelter in honor of Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month.
7. Talk with your kids, family members, friends, local scout/civic groups and anyone else who is willing to listen about animal shelters and why Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month, pet adoption in general and spaying/neutering is important.